Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It's all about the Pici (well, actually the Bucatini)

You all saw the last post, yes? Doing the happy dance over finding fresh Pici? Well, actually what I bought was Bucatini. It's really really similar to Pici, close enough I don't really care that much about the difference.
(Pici is from the Tuscany/Siena area, Bucatini from Rome. Bucatini has a hole in the center, and Pici is hand rolled)

Both the pasta and marinara were incredible. And EASY!! Most labor intensive part of the meal was grating some Pecorino to throw on top!
MJ and I both agreed it was outstanding. The pasta was perfect and the Homemade Marinara was just amazingly flavorful and bursting with fresh tomato-y goodness.

I specifically went to the Manhattan Beach farmers market on Tuesday because I had to have more and couldn't wait until Saturday when they would be back at the Torrance Market.

I highly highly recommend you check out this wonderfulness. The company is Domenico's Foods. If you aren't near either farmer's market, all the products are carried at The Cheese Store of Beverly Hills, and available on their website.
Domenico's Foods

Not only love the products, but the guys that run the booths at the farmers markets have been so very nice. They even gave me one of their ice packs on Tuesday to keep the sauce cold because I wasn't going home right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment